Wood Floor Cleaning & Maintenance Tips from Simmons Floor Covering
We understand that you can’t have professionals come out and clean your floors every time they are dirty. Fortunately, there are easy ways you can take care of your wood floors between professional cleaning jobs!
Some tips for wood floor care in general include (but aren’t necessarily limited to!):
• Cleaning up spills as soon as possible (wood floors and moisture don’t mix well!)
• Keeping the dog’s nails trimmed to reduce scratching
• Taking off your high heels at the door
• Putting protective covers on the legs of your furniture
• Keeping a doormat in front of the door and leaving windows closed overnight (this prevents water from seeping into your wood floors)
• Using rugs or runners in high traffic areas to prevent the wood from wearing down as quickly
• Sweeping every day (or at least a few times a week!) to get the dirt and dust off your floors since debris like that can scratch the wood and make your floors look dull
• Avoiding wet mops (remember – moisture is not good when it comes to wood floor cleaning)
• Avoiding ammonia and chemical cleaners when it comes time for your wood floor cleaning (if you’re not sure what to use, call the professional flooring company that installed your floors!)
Simmons Floor Coverings proudly serving Denton, Frisco, North Tarrant County, Flower Mound, Northlake, Ponder, Krum and all surrounding areas.
← return to main news page