Here are some Easy Tips to Keep Hardwood Floors looking their best.
For more Hardwood Floor tips and cleaning information call us.
- Microfiber mop it: Get into the habit of doing this daily, as the microfiber material helps eliminate debris from floors, while also defending against scratches and other damage. Unlike conventional mopping or sweeping, microfiber captures dirt rather than just pushing it around.
- Vacuum/damp mop: Vacuuming or damp mopping should be done on a weekly basis following a microfiber cleaning. This helps remove dirt, dust and other grime from hard-to-reach areas. To add some extra oomph to your mopping efforts, consider using a hard floor surface cleaner.
- Use entrance mats: Even if you have a “no shoes” policy in your home, entrance mats can do wonders in helping your entry area stay scratch-free from those who forget to remove their shoes.
- Polish the floor: Consider doing this monthly with a product that’s designed to work on hardwood floors. It’s easy to do and helps refresh the finish of your floors. Most polish also works to fill in any light scratches as well.
- Keep humidity in check: Natural wood floors have a tendency to shrink and expand based on temperature. Invest in a humidifier if you don’t already have one.
Simmons Floor Covering
400 N. Loop 288 Suite 104
Denton, TX 76209
← return to main news page